Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday Arch Series

.
Just another HDR image of the Arch. As I get more experience with the format, I'm finding that there is pleasure to be found in understated HDRs, not just the oh wow eye-poppers you see a lot.

WHAT TREASURE WE DISCOVERED: while I was driving home from work my wife called me from a local food market. They were clearing out discontinued wines, with many nice bottles for $5 or $6. We're wine lovers but I'm a value shopper. We cleaned 'em out. Right now, I'm sipping a pinot noir from Romania. Really. We wouldn't have taken the risk for $12 but for five bucks it's some pretty nice swill.

TOMORROW: from Wall Street to Market Street.

4 comments:

Corey Templeton said...

I don't think I've ever seen it at that angle, very neat

Virginia said...

Why i thought that was the Washington Monument for a second. And send me some of dat cheap wine!

Hilda said...

It's still WOW for me!

I was a bit lost when you said it was the arch. Took me a few seconds to realize that you shot it from the side.

Anonymous said...

I really really like Romanian pinot noir. They do some great reds there. The whites are a bit on the sweet side for me.

This is a great picture, as usual. I'd like to have a go at HDR some time.

In answer to your question on my blog, I think the Camera Obscura is in Edinburgh. I googled and that was the only one I could find. There only Glasgow Camera Obscura I could find was the MySpace page of a band of that name.