Tuesday, October 14, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different

.
Well, for me, anyway - infrared. A photographer friend told me about this company, LifePixel, that, for a reasonable charge, will swap out the light sensor on your old DSLR for an infrared chip. Off went my old, unused Canon 10D. I went out and played with it for the first time last weekend. Lots to learn but it looks like it's going to be fun. This picture was taken standing under the Arch looking back at the city.

WHAT'S THE NEXT STOP?
Tokyo.
Yee hah, as they say here in Dallas, Texas, our departure city. Y'all come visit and see some mighty purty pitchers from Japan over the next couple of weeks. ShadowyOne may spell me with images from St. Louis when I'm out in the boonies. How do you say boonies in Japanese?


TOMORROW:
not sure when I'll next be able to post but if I upload from Tokyo before we go to bed Wednesday it would be morning to mid-day in the US.

7 comments:

Virginia said...

Oh you are going to be impossible to live with now that you have that fancy chip or whatever it is AND you're in Japan living iti up. Yee hah is right. I guess you are flying the friendly skies by now with ample leg room in business class. Sheesh!

Today's photo is surreal. I am going to acquire a taste for this..it's well, strange!. How's that for a little pre coffee humor???
I need to stop. Bye!

Unknown said...

That is so amzing! I love it!

Diederick Wijmans said...

This is so amazingly beautiful! Love it!!

Pat said...

I'm confused, but it's a cool shot.

Can't wait to hear about your visit to Japan. Are you going to be traveling south into Kyushu?

Jamey Stegmaier said...

"Boonies" in Japanese is "inaka."

Jilly said...

I don't begin to understand the technology but this is absolutely stunning. Superb.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic picture. It looks like it's been snowing!