Friday, December 5, 2008

Big Blue Box

.
This was taken downtown on the same day as the Arch photo post of November 21. The natural and the artificial share a color palette and sense of simplicity. Both parts deserve design awards.

WHAT MY FRIENDS AT AMAZON BROUGHT ME TODAY: two books, Adobe Photoshop CS4: Up To Speed and Photoshop CS4 For Dummies (see my favorite books in my profile). I got CS4 several weeks ago and I haven't been able to use it. The new version of the famous software has lots of changes. I can't get the hang of it on my own and I can't find any good instruction online. So, uh, when am I going to read these?

TOMORROW: Mommy! Mommy! There's a hole in the sky!

7 comments:

Olivier said...

superbe, on dirait une tempête de neige derrière l'immeuble.

Victor said...

Love the graphic simplicity of this image. Well done Bob!

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

Love the clouds here. They look so soft an wispy to me. Olivier, without his usual translation included, says something about it looking like a snowstorm to him! I think...

Wayne said...

A very dramatic shot.

BTW Bob, I haven't heard of trains getting held up in the mountains by heavy snow. This has little to do with the passenger service but they don't want the freight held up.

PJ said...

I love the way your transform buildings into sculptures.

Virginia said...

I think Olivier mentions his hmmm....backside??HA
Maybe my French/Eng dictionary will clear that up.

I like the giant blue Rubix (sp?) cube. Now get cracking on all that reading material. I have Mac for Dummies but am usually to dumb to undestand it. Sigh. Oh and I have some photos I need you to fix for me now that you are the whiz kid on our block with PS. In all your spare time of course.
V

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome shot!