Saturday, January 10, 2009

Please Return Carts Here

.
Same shopping center as yesterday's post. It occurred to me to use fill flash on the Whole Foods sign but I can't improve anything on the building behind. (Well, Photoshop can.)

WHAT WE'RE REALLY PUMPED ABOUT: it's done! Booked! We're going to Tibet in September with a couple of days in Kathmandu on each end. Which is why, uncharacteristically, today's post has a theme song.



By the way, if anyone is interested, my wife was in Nepal February - March 2008, in Kathmandu and out in the countryside. She visited the Mitrata school and children's home we support (see the bottom of the left sidebar). Got some fabulous pictures you can see here.

TOMORROW:
I hear the train a-commin'

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen a lot of Tibet, now almost a part of China unless something has changed, on television. It always looked cold there and the people look chapped all over. Good deal though if that's where you wanted to go.

Abe Lincoln Blogs
Abraham Lincoln's Blog

Virginia said...

Great. I'm with Abe. If that's where you want to go, I'm thrilled for you. Now you can help me find a cheap ticket to France on Delta. Oh and I LOVE the music today.

That is some fine looking building today. Glad you were packing your camera while grocery shopping. You beat all!

Janet Kincaid said...

Great way to showcase a sunset! And Nepal? Oh, lovely! I've always wanted to see Kathmandu.

PJ said...

K-k-k-katmandu? Baroo? Do you need a sherpa? I might be free for such purposes...
Please pack that building up and send it to me. I want it on the beach, a beacon for miles 'round.

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

Here's another topical song that's much more pleasing to my ears:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMazDhF-vKA

Really cool HDR today (Sunday).

Knoxville Girl said...

wow, that's gonna be a spectacular trip! (I'm excited if I make it as far as Atlanta.) love that shimmery sunset too.
My friend had a huge tomcat named Cat Man, and one of our favorite questions was, of course, What Would Cat Man Do?

Anonymous said...

Very nice sunset color on the building.

It was a month or so ago when I was coming out of Borders and noticed random white puffy clouds reflecting off this building.

Of course, I didn't have my camera with me at the time, but that experience will take me back to that building multiple times in the future. As soon as the weather warms up a bit...