Tuesday, February 17, 2009

STL DPB On The Road - The Tate Modern, London

.
I just love the Tate Modern, London's museum of 20th and 21st Century art. It is in a recycled large electric power plant. There is an escalator that goes from the third to first floor, skipping the second. The surroundings of the escalator are all glass, creating a vision-bending transition between floors. I am riding the escalator in the top picture and standing on the second floor looking back at in in the lower one. That's a rare special appearance by Mrs. C. just to the left of me in the picture.

We will be home by the time this post goes up. May be a bit more from London before it's back to the Lou.

2 comments:

Virginia said...

These are fabulous but I swear I can't figure it all out. I don't need to I guess. I'll just enjoy the cool reflections. Well done B!

Hope you had a grand trip.
V

Anonymous said...

This is so wonderful - great shot!