Saturday, March 21, 2009

STL DPP On The Road: New Orleans

.
I have some law biz here in the Big Easy Monday. Since Mrs. C. is approaching one month from her hip replacement, I thought it would be nice to give her a treat and spend the weekend here. Pure altruism, right? After dinner at the restaurant Iris in the French Quarter (which is fabulous, by the way) we walked around for a bit. Chef Madden was on the street behind his restaurant having a smoke break. The light on him was fabulous. I told him so and asked if I could take his picture. Once again, I am so grateful to Bobbi Lane, the best teacher I've ever had in my life, for teaching me how to approach people like this.

More from NOLA as I wander around this weekend.

WHAT'S TOMORROW? The second anniversary of this blog. Have to do something about that.

3 comments:

Virginia said...

Atta boy! In the Big Easy what, a few hours and you've already snagged a street portrait? Have fun and no "knee walking" Bob. Hold it in the road down there!
G

Kim said...

Hey Bob, stopping by early to wish you a happy 2nd Blogoversary! Your shots are always a treat to view and I love your post format. Just an all around excellent blog with wit and good humor. Cheers!
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

Anonymous said...

The windows to the soul. Strange what the absence of eyes does to the human face, especially when accentuated by a large face, bald head, and protruding lower lip.