Monday, April 19, 2010

A Perfect Model

.
I mentioned yesterday that I was a little nervous about my first assignment shooting high school senior pictures. Tillie, my subject, was terrific. Her mother is an old friend, a colleague in my legal specialty in central Missouri. We spent a few hours shooting in Forest Park and got some really good results. She was a perfect model.


By the way, I couldn't have done any of this without the instruction from my adored portrait photography teacher, Bobbi Lane. She da best.

8 comments:

Olivier said...

un portrait sympathique, cela me donne envie de prendre des cours de photos

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Thank goodness for digital photography where you can check your results right away. I once had a colleague ask me to take photos of her wedding. This was 25 years ago, shooting film. I did it, and the pictures came out fine, but I was a nervous wreck waiting for the pictures to come back from the developer.

I vowed never to do that again. My vow has lasted a lot longer than did the marriage.

brattcat said...

She looks relaxed, like she's having a good time. That's one of your many gifts as a photographer...putting your subject at ease. Love those bare feet.

Virginia said...

Bobbi Lane would be proud of her star student. Well done B!
V

cieldequimper said...

Here I was awaiting something much more formal! Great job! I bet she was delighted!

Stessie said...

Who is that model? Such a pretty girl:)

lewi14@gmail.com said...

It's really perfect. Tillie looks like very natural. Great post.

T. Becque said...

Oh, good for you! It looks like you did a fantastic job.