Saturday, May 8, 2010

Free Fight

.
I was really, really going to spend some time last night checking my friends blogs and leaving some comments. Please believe me. But then Peat Wollaeger, the artist in yesterday's post, emailed me and invited me to his pre-Cinco de Mayo parade party in a print shop and gallery on Cherokee Street. So, as Robert Burns said, the best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men, Gang aft agley. Right you are, Robbie. Big time.

Well, besides his signature eyeball, Peat is the de facto artistic director of lucha libre in metropolitan St. Louis. That's the Mexican style of masked professional wrestling. Lucha libre literally means free fight and the luchadores create outrageous personalities behind their masks. Peat's got his three sons into the program. They will all be in the People's Joy Parade today. (That's my picture from last year on the top of the linked page.) More picture to follow.


3 comments:

cieldequimper said...

This is scary. :-)

Boom Nisanart said...

Look fun for me : )

Virginia said...

Your posts this week have taken a turn for sure! Love the teensy little ring!
V