Saturday, May 1, 2010

STL DPB On The Road To Kansas City

.
We're in Kansas City for a special event tonight. If the photography gods smile (meaning someone else has to take some of the key shots 'cause I'll be in them, and no one but me at the event knows squat about photography) there will be pix tomorrow.

KC is about four hours drive west of St. Louis. It is a smaller metro area than out town but it ha a lot going for it. The locals say that Kansas City has more fountains than Rome. Based on personal observation, I'd say it's true. What you see above is a detail from the J. C. Nichols Memorial Fountain at the edge of KC's famous Country Club Plaza, the first shopping center in the US and still very upscale.

We hit bands of heavy thunderstorms on the drive across Missouri yesterday, illustrated below. When it let up, we could enjoy our states's bucolic countryside, as in the last picture. By the way, CDL stands for commercial driver's license, i.e., truck drivers get special discounts.

I completely forgot it was theme day until I looked at the portal. This post qualifies. Click here to view thumbnails for all participants


9 comments:

Birdman said...

Love the closeup and your angle on the horse.

brattcat said...

That is one manic looking horse you've captured here. Maybe he went to the Midnight Video show. You're being very cryptic about this evening but whatever it is I hope it's splendid.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Have a wonderful evening. I look forward to seeing and hearing more about it.

Kansas City also has a prominent World War I Memorial, which is unusual because it is a rather overlooked war.

Jilly said...

Looking forward to the outcome. That horse looks positively terrified. Great shot.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

terrific image. such life and originality in your photo. happy theme day

cieldequimper said...

Have a good time, be careful in bad weather and stop scaring the life out of me with panicking horses.

Rob Siemann said...

Crazy Horse???

slim said...

"Wild, wild horses we'll ride them some day." That RStones song just popped into my head looking at your theme day post. Happy trails!

lewi14@gmail.com said...

I know that I’m late. It was a busy weekend. But let me say that I like your shot and your realization of the theme, your crazy horse, very much.