Saturday, July 2, 2011

Flying

.
Aerobatics

That's what we're doing today. We fly from St. Louis to New York's La Guardia airport, pick up a car, drive across a bit of Queens, a bit of the Bronx, through upper Manhattan, across the George Washington Bridge and into New Jersey. The Crowes get together at my sister's big home in the suburbs almost every Fourth of July.

I was frantically cleaning my desk yesterday afternoon when I heard a lot of noise outside. Pilots were practicing for the air show this weekend at Fair St. Louis (which I'm never home to see). The aerobats were tracing more parabolas around the Arch. I whipped out my point-n-shoot and got this. Good enough.

6 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Wow what a great viewpoint you had Bob, crazy loops they are doing, makes my tummy squirm just at the thought. Great catch!

cieldequimper said...

Fantastic...

Have a great time!

brattcat said...

good enough, indeed. safe travels. have a great weekend.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Your sneak peak at the dress rehearsal lets you know what you will be missing. Plenty good enough. The pilots will have to make sure they do not fly through the Arch. There is a law against that.

Birdman said...

Hopefully, this is NOT your plane. I'm trippin' too. On the left coast for the week in the shadow of Mt. Hood.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Great shot. I love your banner.