Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thursday Arch Series

.
Arch 2011-10-01 1

As promised, I went down to the Arch last weekend to get some new snaps. (I am a man of my word.) You've heard me whine about how hard it it at this point to get something fresh. This is an old theme: standing down the stairs from the monument to the river, looking back up into the sunset. It worked out okay.

Didn't get back to meet the Occupy St. Louis people yesterday. Too much work. Maybe later today. But, hey, the Cardinals beat the Phillies last night, forcing a decisive fifth and final game Friday. Hope springs eternal.

5 comments:

Olivier said...

superbe flare, je comprends pas pourquoi les photographes qui n'aiment pas ça. Belle photo, avec les personnes qui ressortent bien

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my goodness Bob, is there no end to the incredible shots you can take of this bridge. Everyone different, the flare from the sun and the silhouettes of the people on the stairs make this image fabulous. Well done you!!

I'm going to go one a bridge hunt around Perth(and maybe further afield) to see if I can find a 'pretty bridge' wish me luck haha!!

Halcyon said...

This is beautiful! Perfect in black and white and I love the streak of sunlight. Thanks for getting down there! :)

Regina K said...

Old theme are tried and true. Wonderful!

nathalie, Avignon said...

What a clever shot Bob - the sun flare is what does it but not only: the little people dotting the scene give an idea of the arch's size. What a beauty!