Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thursday Arch Series

.
Arch 2012-04-01 2

A classic view, taken from the Malcolm Martin overlook in East St. Louis. I've posted versions of this before but it's always a good one. Sometimes I edit out the damnable power cables but it's a painstaking Photoshop job and I didn't do it this time.

It always seems to be afternoon by the time I get over here to shoot and the direction is generally west-northwest. Some day I should get my lazy self to the overlook soon after dawn to get the Arch in morning Golden Hour light.

By the way, you can see a white tent under the center of the monument where entertainers sometimes perform. Then there is a small but distinct white spot to the left of it. It's our old acquaintance Brad, Servant of the Lord. He's still on guard. This guy is dedicated.

HEY, THE PORTAL IS BACK!



8 comments:

Olivier said...

classique peut etre mais toujours aussi beau. un vrai poster

cieldequimper said...

That guy is incredibly dedicated. Or perhaps it's something else.

This is just so perfectly gorgeous!

s.c said...

Wow. Great shot.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Too bad they don't re-route of place underground the utility lines in front of such a photogenic spot.

I reminds me of the high tension wires they strung right in front of Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West in Scottsdale. He had to change the orientation of his school and studio to look east to the mountains rather than west across the valley --through the utility lines.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beautiful even with the utility lines Bob, it really is the most amazing sculpture. I just clicked the link to Brad, Servant of the Lord, he's been doing this for nearly three year ?? That's dedication for you!

Pat said...

The most stunning building in America. I love the arch.

Jack said...

Yup, the common shot. But, also a beautiful shot. The power lines don't bother me. They are there, and without them your life would be far more difficult.

Carola said...

That's a great view.