Friday, July 5, 2013

The Fourth of July

Downtown Fireworks 2013-07-04 4

Mrs. C and I went downtown last night for dinner and the big fireworks. No one was disappointed.

Yesterday morning I shot the VP Parade. The meaning of that requires a short essay and it's too late Thursday as I write this to do it justice. Hope I can can get back to it. One of the people standing near me cleverly figured out that I'm always behind the camera and never in the pictures. So he took the bottom shot of me at work using my phone.

Lots more to come.                         

Downtown Fireworks 2013-07-04 3

VP Parade (The Photographer)

10 comments:

Olivier said...

Coucou ;)
Deux magnifiques photos, de vrais poster, bravo. tu as fait les photos des feux d'artifices a la main ou avec un trepied ?

Memphis MOJO said...

Very nice shots -- thanks for sharing.

cieldequimper said...

Wow. The fireworks shots will feature in your upcoming book, right?

And yes, it's nice to see you for a change!

Tamera said...

Lovely! I don't know which one I like better, both are great.

Clueless in Boston said...

Beautiful! Absolutely stunning fireworks shots.

TheChieftess said...

Those fireworks shots are fabulous!!! The composition with the dome in front of them absolutely sets it off perfectly!!! Well done!!! Nice capture of you at work too!!!

William Kendall said...

Spectacular fireworks shots, Bob!

Jack said...

Bob, your fireworks photos are terrific. Mine were duds. What settings did you use?

Stefan Jansson said...

Brilliant photos!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh la la! these are spectacular images Bob, j'adore the composition in the first two and of course it's always a joy to see the creator of many, many fantabulous Arch shots.