Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Something You Don't See Every Day

Carolers, 7th and Pine

A spinoff, I suppose, from the Festival of lights in Kiener Plaza - a group of Christmas carolers at the corner of 7th and Pine downtown, just around the corner from my office. In general, if I rounded this corner heading for lunch, say, and saw a group of eight people like this singing, I'd think a movie company was shooting a remake of Meet Me In St. Louis

The group is standing in front of a state office building that houses the regional Court of Appeals, the workers compensation office and the Missouri attorney general. They could use some glad tidings and good cheer.          

9 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Well that's rather nice even though it's still November...

Olivier said...

En b&w, on pourrait les imaginer sorti du film "la vie est belle"

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Maybe this will mellow what goes on within the courthouse.

Norma said...

Downtown has improved since I worked there thirty years ago! I can remember sitting at a table by the windows at Walgreens restaurant and watching one of the "regulars" on the street -- a guy in a raincoat toting a swordfish....

Sharon said...

What a gorgeous photo this is. You could make this into a Christmas Card. It almost looks like a painting. I love it.

William Kendall said...

A terrific portrait, Bob!

Virginia said...

Well they've gotten the jump on the Fa La Las I'd say. Love their costumes.
V

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Well I do think that carolling is very pleasant and certainly couldn't do any harm oui :)

Stefan Jansson said...

This sure feels very American.