Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday Arch Series

Gateway Arch 2014-03-11 2 BW

The office building we moved to this year is closer to the Arch than the old one. While I no longer have a direct view from my window, it's easy to take a mid-day walk there when the weather is nice.

That's what I did on Tuesday. Even though the sun was high you can still find drama. Think of the Arch as one of the world's largest sundials.  No idea, though, what caused the odd cloud pattern in the upper center.                              

7 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Aliens did.

So now that winter is saying goodbye, you'll be taking lots of midday walks, yes?

Birdman said...

You certainly caught a dramatic sky. Worth the walk.

Pat said...

Good one. It looks like those two little clouds sneezed.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You positioned the arch perfectly Bob, blocking the full on sun just enough to produce this shadowy effect. I love Bibi's theory on the cloud situation :)

Unknown said...

Another great shot on this series!

William Kendall said...

That's a terrific take on the arch!

TheChieftess said...

Ohhh...I really like this! One of my favorites of your arch shots!!!