Saturday, July 4, 2015

Home Town

NYC 2015-07-02 2

I love it, I love it, I love it. Just glad I don't have to pay to live there.

Pix taken from the 100th floor observation deck of the new Freedom Tower at the World Trade Center. Certainly worth a visit but a bit disappointing for a photographer. There is no outdoor viewing area like at the building that was destroyed. The glass in the new place has all sorts of problems with reflections and hand smudges. These images are heavily Photoshopped but they work.

Below, a bit of spare space between downtown high rise apartment buildings has two baseball fields squeezed in.                                  

NYC 2015-07-02 1

9 comments:

Julie said...

In that top shot, Bob, what happened to all the streets?

Norma said...

Still a good view, though.

I once took a photo of the World Trade Center from the observation deck at the Empire State Building and vice versa. But that was a long time ago.

Sharon said...

I wondered where that view was from. Very nice! Are you going to see fireworks tonight?

Birdman said...

BC, yes, gotta have some baseball for the 4th, and beer, and fireworks, and dogs, and and burgers and...

William Kendall said...

Great views regardless, Bob!

cieldequimper said...

Both fab shots. I'm green with envy (and glad that you at least got a glimpse of Hermione)!

Julie said...

Thanks for the info, Bob ... "The angle was looking straight uptown so you might think the north-south avenues would be visible. My best guess is that the buildings, even the middle-size ones, are tall enough that you can't see the bottom of the street canyons."

So canyons they must be, with all the shade and wind that is implied.

Cheers

PerthDailyPhoto said...

When I see amazing shots like this I realise just how small a city Perth is, thank goodness :)

Jack said...

I like visiting New York, but I never wanted to live there long term. But, I did think that a six month tour of duty would have been fun, but it never happened.