Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Dancing In The Dark

Lantern Festival MoBot 2015-08-28 41

Who else out there is old enough to remember the old Sinatra hit? I was such a weird kid in high school that I actually liked Frank Sinatra, who my mother thought was a bit more morally suspect than The Beatles. (Although, on the other hand, I was at Woodstock and, through a family friend, got the occasional New York Philharmonic ticket). Nothing Chinese about any of it. And the closest thing NYC had to a lantern festival was Times Square.

There are a few more good shots from this festival. Would you prefer something different?             

Lantern Festival MoBot 2015-08-28 42

6 comments:

Halcyon said...

I'm enjoying the lanterns. It's just hard to think of different comments to put every day. ;-)

Nathalie H.D. said...

I know how hard night photography is and I can't help but marvel at how good your photos are. I'd love to see this show for myself. Failing that, I'll take as many photos as you'll want to show. I know you'll never be boring.

cieldequimper said...

You've managed some incredibly clear shots, I just wish I had something like this to photograph here...

William Kendall said...

We don't see anything like this here.

Sinatra transcends time- I've always loved his music.

Sharon said...

These lanterns are simply spectacular. I so wish there would be an event like this here. I'd love to photograph these. I've enjoyed seeing them here and on your Flickr site. Fantastic.

Norma said...

You were at Woodstock?