Thursday, November 17, 2016

Wissenschaft


I like the German word for science, Wissenschaft. You could transliterate it as the craft of knowing. A few people in the anti-Trump rally carried signs like this. There is an element in the winning party that feels free to ignore science when it conflicts with their beliefs, climate change being a good example. I've read that the Vice President Elect is a creationist. It scares me.

Everyone's favorite astrophysicist, Neil deGrasse Tyson, said that the great thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not. I wish more people understood that.             

3 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Vetenskap in Swedish. Neil deGrasse Tyson is a clever man and great to listen to.

Bill said...

I always liked Neil deGrasse Tyson, he's such a smart man. He knows what he is talking about unlike anyone in this upcoming administration.

William Kendall said...

I definitely agree with Tyson.